Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Vintage Stories Photos Makeover

I have been planning this post for over a month, and I realized I am not ready with it. There is so much to do for it so I thought that I might need to make few small post. 

What it is all about you might wonder? Well, lately I have been having these ideas for vintage decoration in my head, so I have been trying to let my ideas crystallize before they make an appearance. 

I don't know why, but this spring has brought me ideas in black and white, wrapped with fine and transparent laces.... 

I spent some time looking for ideas and materials for vintage decoration in thrift shops. To my opinion thrift shops provide great opportunities to find necessary old and vintage supplies that help your imagination let go. Once I was happy with the hunt, then it was a little bit of cutting, sewing and assembling. The project was done in no time, with the taking of the pictures but then, I again let my imagination go with the images. Took a bit to get what I wanted from the first images, which you can see down, but I realized that it will take too much time to publish the whole post. 

So here they come the first "Vintage Stories" images. I tried to achieve a vintage and old look of the images. Whether I have succeeded or not it is you to judge.  I know I am far from professional, but I sure enjoyed the process. And this was achieved without using Photoshop software! Wait till I master that one :))))). 



Vintage look Photo Makeover - lace box and a vase with dried "lily of the valley" flowers
For the written quotation in this image, I used Marilyn Monroe's quote about life, love and companionship. I find it quite suitable, true and inspirational. 

This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soulmate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about.”  ― Marilyn Monroe




Vintage Photo look - roses and lace



Vintage Makeover Shots - roses and lace in two colors 




Vintage Makeover - a vase and a lace box  -BW and color  (stress on the orange)


Photography Vintage Colorful Makeover - roses and lace in orange and red



Vintage Makeover Photo - a dried flowers vase and a lace box - color


This will be the end of part one of the spring "Vintage Stories". I will be back soon with the second one. If any reader has some comments about the images, please do not hesitate to share them. 

Thank you! With wishes for a Vintage Spring Story :) on your way! 



No comments:

Post a Comment